|Dienstverband||Aantal uren per week||Opleidingsniveau|
|Vast dienstverband||40 - 40|
|Amsterdam||Nienke de Kruijf||3323|
Director Operations in Amsterdam
As Director of Operations you will have the opportunity to work in a close partnership with the Managing Director, CFO, COO, and the Board of the Group. You will have full oversight of the delivery of all operational functions and continuously monitors and manage the operational performance at business unit level. This role will have a dual reporting line to both the COO and the MD.
The focus of this role is on taking ownership and accountability of the operational functions. By doing so you will ensure that operational objectives have been achieved, the administrative organization is complete and up-to-date, and the organization has been advised of the financial status, risks and opportunities in a correct, timely and orderly manner.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Translates corporate strategy into strategic and tactical goals for the Operations department.
- Sets up the operational organization along with the corresponding policy, processes, procedures, and systems, and ensures alignment of activities in and beyond the unit of organization
- Responsible for the overall framework and governance structures relating to Operational Risk, Control, Conduct and Global Standards of the business; Ensure that the business is compliant with the rules and regulations
- Manages the vendors and suppliers that supports our business on a day-to-day basis
- Provides monthly management information regarding the operational status of deals and transactions
- Manages the Supply Operations of the ?Production-to-Cash? (for physical) and the ?Trade-to-Cash? (for certificates) processes and handles trades promptly and in a timely manner, minimizes risks for the organization while maximizing the potential of commercial activities
- Manages the sustainability process to ensure traceability of sustainable goods throughout the end-to-end supply chain to meet the requirements of the certification schemes
- Manages the process to ensure compliance with local and global laws and regulations
Maintains compliance with HSQES processes, incl. planning and conducting of in- and external audits with the compliance manager
- Provides support for the further development of sufficient and effective auditing processes with focus on sustainability certification schemes (ISCC EU, REDCert, RSB, etc.)
- Coordinates the monthly reconciliations of the registries and internal systems
- Drives a service culture within the Operations team (currently 11 FTE operations, Logistics, Supply chain coordinator and sustainability compliance)
- Jointly with the Sustainability director, designs and implements the end-to-end flow of projects, including the process to fulfil the necessary sustainability requirements as well as transport, storage, customs, and international transport including trade compliance, supply chain integrity and sustainability at optimized cost and in a safe environment.
- Ten years or more in a similar leadership role
- Experience in commodity trading business
- Extensive knowledge on designing and implementing operational processes and workflows within a similar type of company, including the physical end-to-end flow.
- Understands the existing and upcoming regulations in the physical fuels business in detail
- Commercial and the ability to make appropriate risk-based judgements within the letter and spirit of our regulatory, legal and compliance frameworks
- Strong ethical values to build and maintain the highest standards with respect to our risk and control culture respecting the rights of our clients, staff, and other partners
- Proven leadership skills with an ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for quality output with an attention to detail and accuracy
- You demonstrate experience in undertaking complex issues and the ability to handle various topics simultaneously as well as high readiness for ad-hoc tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Self-driven and highly motivated to collaborate in an inspiring culture with the capability to rapidly establish effective relationships with key partners
For more information, you can contact Nienke on 020-5304380, or send your resume to email@example.com
Reageer via e-mail